Atmel AVR 8 Bit microcontroller series
- 80-90% of all the controllers are supported
- list forthcoming
- if bugs are found, or if you have patches for new controllers, please create an issue, or start a discussion in the Atmel AVR 8 Bit forum.
ARM Cortex M3 (STMicroelectronics)
- The 32-bit ARM Cortex M3 (by STMicroelectronics) is a handy controller.
- LeafLabs has offered to provide the Wiring API conversion.
Microchip PIC series
- PIC32 has a gcc compiler (we're not 100% sure on the C++ compatibility).
- PIC24 would be the best for all users - and I'm not sure if Microchip is going to support gcc for this series.
- If you have more information, please start a discussion in the forums.
Texas Instruments MSP430 family
- It appears the MSPGCC toolchain is ripe and ready for the Wiring API. We're checking on the C++ compatibility.